Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Five Years


This past weekend, my blog ticked over the 5 year mark.  In many ways that's very hard to believe.  I've certainly had a lot happen both personally, athletically, and professionally in that time.  So here's a look back at my top 5 posts of all time (Note: these are ranked for no particular reason other than my own preference.  Click on the link if you want to read an entire post). 


I kind of have to start here don't I?  This was my first entry back in 2012.  I seem to recall having the house to myself that night, and having some new home brew to drink.  Truth is, I've made very little beer since that first year or two.  But this was the post that started it all. 


A little over a year later, I'd just completed my first ultra trail run, a 50 miler in Buena Vista, Colorado.  Just a few weeks later, I leveraged my physical conditioning into an epic Memorial Day Weekend.  Couple that with the end of the school year, and this was just a great time. The post covers it all!


Any post that involves family and friends is going to be a favorite.  This was actually the second time I recorded the Bolder Boulder in pictures, but it marked the first time that the whole family did the race together.  This year will be the third!


I haven't done a beer retrospective of this level for a couple of years.  Maybe 2017 will be time for a return of this post.  Already in 2017, I've had some great beers.


Okay, probably not a surprise that this one rounds out my top 5 favorite posts.  It was one of the most fun to write because I got to really savor the experience all over again.  Since I first wrote it, there have been a number of views.  It was fun to see the spike in "views" in late July/ August last year as expectant 2016 IM Boulder athletes visited the page.  

With a number of events planned for 2017, I'll continue to enjoy reading and sharing my experiences with endurance and beer on this blog.  Whether you've been here since the beginning or you just started today, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment