Thursday, September 17, 2015

Beer of the Week: TommyKnocker's Imperial Nut Brown Ale


As far as beer goes, this one's probably more outside my "wheelhouse" than most.  I tend to favor hops over malts, but I was at the liquor store, having just bought a few dozen cookies, and I felt like the Nut Brown Ale from Tommyknocker's would pair better with the sweets than would an IPA.  Toffee, maybe a little butterscotch and a sweet tootsie roll finish is how I would describe the Nut Brown Ale.  Drink carefully as it packs a 9% ABV and it would be easy to down at least three of these without thinking twice.  Each bottle is also about 270 calories making it practically a meal! Oh and the cookies, Chocolate with White Chocolate Chunks, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk.  I guess I'll be working extra hard at Spin Class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment