Sunday, October 13, 2013

Soccer, Strong Run, Se-Session Ale, Chilly Ride, Kona, Walking Dead


Notes from the week's end:
I had a great run on Saturday morning.  I made it out the door at 6:30 and settled into a nice easy pace in anticipation of a challenging interval workout.  My original plan had been to do 6 x 0.5 miles at a 7:45/8:00 minute pace with an equal amount of recovery in between.  Instead, I wound up doing 10 x 0.5 miles between 6:45/7:45 minute pace.  I felt really good the entire time and came home feeling fairly fresh still which isn't how I usually feel after 11+ miles of running.  Later, I enjoyed watching Lilybug play some soccer before heading north to my parent's house.

In Greeley Saturday afternoon, I sampled several beers at the Crabtree Brewing Company.  The Rye-IPA was good, but my favorite wound up being their Se-Session Pale Ale.  Great hop flavor and a really nice finish at the end.

Sunday morning my brother and I headed out around 8 a.m. for a ride just south of Greeley.  When we left the house it was a "crisp" 34 degrees which made for some invigorating riding.  We returned after a challenging 3 hour ride that included plenty of cool breezes and a few rather steep climbs.  I admit to feeling fairly spent by the time we got finished.  Nearly 50 miles total riding and it was fun to ride somewhere new.

While I didn't get to see all of the Ironman World Championship on Saturday,  the performance of Mirinda Carfrae was unbelievable.  Consider this: Mirinda's run performance of 2:50:38 was faster than all but two of the top 10 male pros.  She even beat her husband's time of 2:51:18.  Truly an incredible performance from a dominant athlete.

And tonight, Fall is officially here with the season premiere of "The Walking Dead."  Has to be one of my favorite shows of all time and after all of the running, riding, and driving, I kind of feel like a Zombie!

1 comment:

  1. I think I've finally thawed out. I like training in cooler weather, that might have been just a little too cool!

    ReplyDelete