Sunday, March 10, 2013

2 miles

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming
Two miles.  It isn't much, but it's a start.  That's how far I managed to walk/run today at the track.  In truth it was mostly walking.  I walked a half mile to "warm up" after stretching.  Then I alternated between walking and running every 100 yards for the next half mile.  More stretching and then I walked another half mile.  Finally I managed to run for about a half mile, before calling it quits for the day.  I wanted to run more, but I didn't think it was worth pushing it.  My leg feels okay though.  Maybe a little bit of soreness, but hey, that's the most distance I've covered on foot in a month.  How do people go forever without walking or running?  I can't imagine a life without this and I've only been off for a month.  Well sort of.  If you look at my BT calendar, you can see that most of my workouts have been at the pool.  I'm still hoping that I can get to 25 miles and do part of the CPTR by May, but it doesn't seem too likely given the slow recovery.   In the meantime, I'll keep swimming and with any luck, I'll start to look something like this:
Have a great week and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment