Sunday, February 3, 2013

The week in training . . . January 27, 2013

Ravens vs Niners
Gonna keep it quick today which should be easy since there weren't a lot of workouts.  It was a busy week at work and a few evening events.  As a result, I took some extra rest days.
Sunday January 27, 2013: After my long run the day before, I decided to skip a recovery run and just spin on the trainer for a while.  I managed just under an hour at a very relaxed and easy pace.  I don't think my HR broke 120 the whole time which was fine.  I estimate that I rode only about 12 miles total on the trainer.
Wednesday January 30, 2013: Monday wound up being a late night and I didn't get a lot of rest, so I decided to stick with the Wednesday a.m. workout rather than switching to Tuesday which I thought I might try. This morning workout has been essentially the same for the last three weeks.  15-20 minutes of strength training, followed by a 30 minute treadmill workout with an incline.
Saturday February 2, 2013: The last couple of Saturdays have been a bit of a struggle so I was pleased to knock out 18 miles in just over 3 hours and to feel pretty good the whole time.  I even managed a sub 10 minute pace for quite a bit of it while maintaining my HR below the 145 threshold.  It was another gorgeous day today and while on my planned route, I discovered an easement that heads north for many miles that will allow me to log some significant distance on dirt instead of pavement.  It is also quite a ways off from any major streets which means it's a bit quieter.

So overall it was a good week considering that I only did three workouts.  This afternoon (Sunday), I tweaked my calf a bit while out for a 10 mile run.  I wound up cutting it a bit short and finished up with a run that was a little less than 9 miles.  Several years back, I had hurt my calf when training for the "Denver Marathon," but this time, it doesn't seem quite as bad.  I was able to walk/ jog on it all the way back home, which is something I couldn't do back then.  I also weigh about 20 lbs less than I did back then.  At any rate, I'll take it easy for the next few days and give it a chance to recover.  Next weekend is a MAF test  (#3) which means I will be running significantly less which should also help.  Then it's back to the longer runs.  Exactly three months from today is the CPTR!

Beers sampled this week:
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale
Lagunitas IPA
Deviant Dale's IPA

My Super Bowl Prediction:   Ravens 38, Niners 26

No comments:

Post a Comment