- PPRR Winter Series I-IV: A progressive series of four runs that are held every other weekend in January and February. The shortest distance is about 6 miles and the longest just over 12. Note: I wound up doing only 3 of the races as I was sick during the second race. In addition, the third run was cut short to 5 miles due to very bad weather.
- The Pueblo Chieftain Spring Runoff: This year I did the 5k with my daughter after helping her to train. I've done this race the last 10 years, making it my second longest streak of running.
- Ordinary Mortals Triathlon: I added this one as a last minute addition. A fun race, and very well organized.
- The Horsetooth Half-Marathon: See my race report for this one. I also chose this as a reconnaissance mission for HITS.
- Colfax Marathon: My only marathon this year. See my post for more information about why I'm doing it.
- The Bolder Boulder: I've done this race for the last 15 years in a row and have only missed three races ('95-'97) since my first in 1986. This will be my 24th running. I wouldn't dream of missing this one.
- The Greeley Triathlon: A hometown triathlon that's close to where my parents live. A well-run event that's cheap, convenient, and relatively easy.
- Loveland Lake to Lake: I've had this race on my list since I did the Loveland Sprint Triathlon two years ago. Loveland was my first triathlon, and I've done a number of OWS at the lake so I'm looking forward to going back.
- HITS 70.3: Fort Collins: This is my "A" race this year. The course has hills and also hills. Did I mention hills? Not for the faint of heart.
- X-Terra Pueblo: I've not done an X-Terra Triathlon before, but I've always wanted to. How could I pass one up that's held right here in town? This will be fun to train for after HITS at the end of July.
Who is Ted?
- Tri Ted
- I'm the father of two beautiful daughters and an amazing wife. For fun, I enjoy the long hours of seemingly endless suffering that endurance sports (mostly running, cycling and triathlon)provide. During my "down time" I'm an avid beer snob and self-described gourmet chef (in other words I like to burn things on a stove or grill).
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Oh Yeah, My 2012 race schedule
Since I started this blog, I've meant to get my 2012 race schedule posted. Now that 2012 is nearly half over, here it is with a brief description for each: