Sunday, May 6, 2012

Oh Yeah, My 2012 race schedule

Since I started this blog, I've meant to get my 2012 race schedule posted.  Now that 2012 is nearly half over,  here it is with a brief description for each:
  1. PPRR Winter Series I-IV:  A progressive series of four runs that are held every other weekend in January and February.  The shortest distance is about 6 miles and the longest just over 12.  Note: I wound up doing only 3 of the races as I was sick during the second race.  In addition, the third run was cut short to 5 miles due to very bad weather.
  2. The Pueblo Chieftain Spring Runoff: This year I did the 5k with my daughter after helping her to train.  I've done this race the last 10 years, making it my second longest streak of running.
  3. Ordinary Mortals Triathlon: I added this one as a last minute addition.  A fun race, and very well organized.
  4. The Horsetooth Half-Marathon: See my race report for this one.  I also chose this as a reconnaissance mission for HITS.
  5. Colfax Marathon:  My only marathon this year.  See my post for more information about why I'm doing it.
  6. The Bolder Boulder: I've done this race for the last 15 years in a row and have only missed three races ('95-'97) since my first in 1986.  This will be my 24th running.  I wouldn't dream of missing this one.
  7. The Greeley Triathlon: A hometown triathlon that's close to where my parents live.  A well-run event that's cheap, convenient, and relatively easy.
  8. Loveland Lake to Lake:  I've had this race on my list since I did the Loveland Sprint Triathlon two years ago.  Loveland was my first triathlon, and I've done a number of OWS at the lake so I'm looking forward to going back.
  9. HITS 70.3: Fort Collins: This is my "A" race this year.  The course has hills and also hills.  Did I mention hills?  Not for the faint of heart.
  10. X-Terra Pueblo:  I've not done an X-Terra Triathlon before, but I've always wanted to.  How could I pass one up that's held right here in town?  This will be fun to train for after HITS at the end of July.
All of the race on the list are what I would call "definite" meaning I've already registered, or I plan on doing so as soon as I get some more $$$.  With the last race on the list in September however, I won't rule out signing up for something beyond this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment